Saturday 28 March 2015

Healthier Lifestyle // Tropical Fruit Smoothie


Hi guys! So you may not have known but one of my New Years Resolutions was to begin a healthier liifestyle including healthier eating and exercise. I made a blog post on it in the beginning of February saying how I was gonna have a fresh start and so on which you can read up right here. Up until last week Saturday, I had made no attempt into even trying to swop the chocolate for a banana but congratulations to me, I made a fruit smoothie!!

Yes, I know it's not a big deal but I am so happy that I have started putting some work into my New Years Resolution. I promised myself to make sure to drink it everyday without fail so that I can get my 5aday to start of with. 

So last week Thursday, I went off to my local grocery store (Tesco) and picked up some fruit and veg.

 
 At Tesco,I bought a pineapple for £1 which I was so pleased with because it was ridiculously juicy and sweet. I also picked up this Ready to Eat Pineapple, Melon, Strawberry and Grapes cup for £1.79 which was a great idea meaning that I didn't need to buy all those fruits individually. I also bought a pack of plums for 79p and there was about 8 inside. They were really ripe and tasted pretty good. Finally, I got some sweet and crunch salad for £1. I just wanted to be a little spontaneous with the salad lol.

How I made it:
Since my mum had already cut up the pineapple before I got home from school, I simply cut the big chunks in half and put them in the blender. I then poured the Ready to Eat Cup staright inside aswell. Then I cut around the plums (4-5 of them) and binned the seeds and put it in the blender. Finally I added a little bit of the salad inside and poured a cup of water in (around 500ml). 
I blended for about 15-20 secs.
 And done! A delicious, sweet, healthy tropical fruit smoothie!!
I'm actually really proud of myself for taking this first step into my healthier lifestyle and I have actually been drinking it everyday and I am looking to make another one once this batch is finished. I am going to try a different mixture of fruits, I am thinking something more like mango, banana and strawberry for a thicker, creamier textured smoothie!!

That's all for today, I hope you enjoyed this post. Please comment below what you think and if you have any good fruit combination smoothies in mind or tips on keeping a healthier lifestyle!

Be sure to check out and drop some comments on some of my other posts! 

Thanks for reading,

Abbie x
 
  

4 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely, I want to eat healthier so will have to make this!

    Tayla | www.daisychains16.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tasted lovely also! And yea, when you eat healthy it actually makes you feel better and proud of yourself ahaha. Thanks for stopping by xx

      Delete
  2. I've been working out quite a bit recently but haven't thought about eating healthier so this is like perfect timing! Great post by the way :)

    Karolyne | www.thatgirlk45.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh great! Working out is actually what I'm actually going to be focusing on next! I'm glad you like it and thanks girl!! xxxx

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 AfroBeeBeauty